Update to members

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Dear Club Members,


Update on our proposed events to year end.


The decision has been taken by our COC and his team for the Autocross scheduled for Sunday the 13th of September to cancel this event, This decision by Richie was not taken easily but due to the date move which caused a change of location from last year he had concerns about the management of the new venue.


The decision has also been taken by our COC Derek O’Neill not to proceed with our two day Hillclimb scheduled for Saturday the 19th & Sunday the 20th of September.


We must respect and support both Richie and Derek’s decision and thank them both for the efforts in trying to get these events up and running.


A Press release will be issued shortly advising of both cancelations.



Our Ravens Rock Mini Stages Rally scheduled for Sunday the 11th of October is still on schedule and an amount of work has been done to date, Our COC James Coleman suggests at best the running of the event is currently 50/50 however he intends proceeding as planned with all the necessary work and a final decision can be made 2/3 weeks out from the event and worst case scenario, we will have an event ready to run at any date in the future should we fail on this occasion.


The following has been agreed and approved.


  1. Date and event has been approved by Motorsport Ireland, Sport Ireland and the Return to Sport Task Force.
  2. Regs & Entry form ready for submitting to MI for approval
  3. Roadbook, T&D Schedule and Time cards already in DRAFT format
  4. Safety plan is completed in DRAFT format and the Motorsport Ireland Safety Officer has inspected and approved it. It will be sent to MI in the coming days for approval and a permit number.
  5. Tramore/Kilmacthomas Garda have given us their approval and offered any help we need.
  6. Waterford Co Co Head Engineer over roads has given us his support for the event and approval for road closing which will be published in the coming week.
  7. HQ and Service Area confirmed
  8. All services including Doctors are provisionally booked
  9. B & M Communications provisionally booked and radio test for late September
  10. Angus Sealy Results provisionally booked
  11. Donegal timing gear and personnel provisionally booked
  12. Accommodation required provisionally booked at Dooley’s Hotel



Our Chairman and COC for the event in anticipation of favourable changes to HSA guidelines and or further dispensation for sports events from the Return to Sport Task Force (See favourable email below as late as yesterday to MI from Sport Ireland)  is asking at this point what club members are happy to be involved in working pre event and on the day as positions now need to be allocated.  He and all other Club directors ask that no club member should feel under pressure to be involved unless they are happy to do so under current conditions/guidelines.


Several Members are already committed and involved to date. If we could just get a thumbs up txt or WhatsApp to the COC on 0872640000 by this coming Friday evening it would be great as we intend to contact surrounding clubs for help after this weekend and it would be great to know what positions we need to fill. 





Ann Fitzgerald

The Cross, Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny. (via Waterford)

051 895238

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it